1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)
My Child-Bride and I stayed right cheer. There is a heat emergency where we live and we decided to stay indoors like good little vampires and watch Hotel Transylvania Hotel 2.
2. Right now..what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?
I am not sure, what color are Thing One and Thing Two? I guess Thing from the Adams Family would be my favorite white thing. As far as blue things, I guess that would be my Smurf. My favorite red thing is our Ford Fiesta, Zoomie.
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain.
We are mutts. We are primarily Scottish and Irish though. Our oldest daughter gave me a Scottish flag for Christmas. We flew it in a video to show each other what we got for Christmas.
4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya Mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Spain, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria
If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why?
I am just a common man. I don’t want to visit any of these places. I don’t want to stand in line for anything. If these are popular, I would probably have to stand in line to see them. I am fine with seeing the sites around here. I would love to see the Blue Ridge Mountains again.
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed?
I love mac and cheese. My friend Lin sent my Child-Bride a recipe for Mac and Cheese cooked in the crockpot. It is great. I love a good cheese puff and I will melt cheese on a plate in the microwave and eat it that way too.
6. What makes you sweat?
This is Gulf Coast Texas. It is hot. The heat index is around 110. Just existing here makes one sweat.
7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort?
Braveheart, Rob Roy, Gone With the Wind.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hope you all had a great Independence Day or, like my kids like to say, Treason Day, from the point of view of the English. Keep the pets cool and well-watered. Don’t leave kids or animals in the car in this heat. I once had to break into a car to save a small child. I don’t want to have to do that again, but I will.
Our books will be free again this July 15th in honor of our Angel Baby Dorian Lee who went to be with Jesus on the 15th of July 1993. Please get our books free from Amazon on that day.
Read My Child-Bride Suzanne’s Post
com/2016/07/06/ - hodgepodge-proud-to-be-an- americanwhere-were-still- sorta-free/
smidgensbitsandsnippets. blogspot.com/2016/07/a- patriotic-hodgepodge.html
Other Wednesday Hodgepodge posts: